Workshops & Training
For VC portfolio companies, incubators and accelerators.
These workshops are ideal for early stage founders / co-founders who are interested in learning more about sales.
The sales fundamentals are industry agnostic, however I can tailor the examples and tactics based on a particular vertical or industry.
Whilst the majority of my experience comes from working with B2B startups, the principles of sales can be applied to non-sales activities like reaching out to investors, establishing partnerships and even hiring.
About Mark Colgan
I have over 14 years of experience in B2B Sales and Marketing (mostly SaaS) having worked at FTSE 50 companies to venture-backed startups and more recently in bootstrapped productised service agencies. And I’m a Techstars Alumni.
I started working at the coalface of sales in the boiler room environment of recruitment agencies. After a few years in recruitment I moved into Marketing and led the implementation of several CRM and MarTech stacks (before it was even called RevOps).
More recently I’ve led a 100+ remote person lead research business as General Manager (responsible for all revenue) and in 2020 started my own Podcast PR Agency which serves B2B SaaS companies like Gong, Paddle, Hopin, Genesys, Treasure Data and hundreds more. I led the GTM efforts and generated over $1,000,000 in revenue before exiting in December 2022.
“What makes you different?”
- I’ve personally closed over $1,000,000 in revenue in the last 2.5 years.
- I’ve generated millions of dollars in net new ARR for B2B SaaS companies over the past 5 years.
- I lead the Outbound Prospecting course and Cold Email Writing Bootcamp at Sales Impact Academy and have coached 1000’s of SDR’s.
- I recently exited a Digital PR Agency that relies on pitching customers as interview guests on podcasts (via email and social media) where we achieve an average 65% response rate (often higher).
- I previously ran TaskDrive, a lead research and data enrichment service, and oversaw the optimization of 100’s of customers’ outbound email campaigns.
- I’ve advised and optimized over 200 companies outbound prospecting campaigns and speak with dozens of founders each month.
People come to me when they’re struggling to get replies, book meetings, and close deals through outbound prospecting.
I’m originally from the UK, but currently live in Lisbon, where I spend a lot of time trying not to get too sun burnt (even in winter). I’m an average golfer, getting into cycling and love travelling.
You’ll often hear me saying “por que no?” (why not?) to anything that sounds fun or gets the heart racing like wingwalking, skydiving and paramotoring.